National Day of Action
4,000 Canadians are on death row this year. That’s how many died an early and entirely preventable overdose death in 2017. More will die in 2018, and the Canadian justice system is implicated in each and every death. This day of action is focused on decriminalizing drugs and reforming the Canadian justice system.
In Vancouver, we will meet at Victory Square and march to the Federal courthouse in downtown Vancouver.
How to get involved:
- Raise awareness in your local community about how the justice system and criminalization impact people who use(d) drugs.
- Write a letter of support for drug decriminalization to the Canadian Minister of Justice and Prime Minister
- Join us on February 20th for protests around the country, and WEAR RED to symbolize the injustice of red zoning.
- Decriminalize all drugs immediately
- Widespread expansion of needle distribution and overdose prevention services in Canadian federal prisons.
- End pre-trial conditional charges
East Hastings St and Cambie St
Vancouver, BC V6B
Google map and directions