Pivot was founded in 2001 in the face of a health and human rights crisis in Vancouver’s Downtown Eastside. The neighbourhood we call home represents a microcosm of social injustices that exist across Canada -- our legal campaigns are grounded in local experiences and perspectives that often lead to regional, national, and international opportunities for positive social change.
Currently, we are looking for someone to help on our Development team. This volunteer opportunity includes making thank you phone calls to our supporters along with other fundraising tasks which may include helping with events, data entry, mailings, phone calls to donors, and other various tasks.
What you bring
- Confidence and ability to work independently, and ask questions when needed
- A friendly and courteous attitude
- Comfortable using the phone and discussing Pivot’s campaign issues with supporters.
- Basic familiarity with the Microsoft Office suite and interest in learning new programs
- Detail-oriented and accurate.
- Experience working with databases or Nationbuilder an asset.
What we offer
- Opportunity to work with our staff, and see how a social change organization operates on a day-to-day basis.
- An opportunity to support our work, which is under resourced, and learn some skills useful for admin and development.
- We are happy to provide references, and are open to collaborating with students looking to turn this into a work-study.
Approximate Start Date:
As soon as possible
3 hours per week, for 3 months
Time & Day of Volunteer Opportunity:
121 Heatley Ave., Vancouver, B.C. V6A 3E9
If you are passionate about the work Pivot does, and want to gain volunteer experience, you are encouraged to submit your resume and cover letter to Madeleine Northcote by email to email@example.com
Please note: While we read all applications, we are unfortunately only able to we’d like to speak to for an interview will be contacted.